BEST CHILI EVER
RACHEL RAY INDIAN SUMMER CHILI
COOK- 25 Minutes PREP TIME- 10 min SERVES- 8 or 10
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey (85 percent lean) or ground turkey breast (99 percent lean), 2 packages
- 4 tablespoons dark chili powder, 2 palm fulls
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend, any brand, 1 palm full
- 1 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 palm full
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce, medium to extra-spicy
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 large peppers, any color combination, red, green, purple, yellow or orange, chopped
- 1/2 bottle beer (the alcohol cooks out), about 1 cup
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 2 cups corn kernels, optional
1- Heat a pot over medium to medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil
2- Add turkey meat and season with: chili powder, grill seasoning, cumin, Worcestershire and hot sauce breaking up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon into small crumbles.
3- Brown the meat for 5 min
4- Add onions and chopped bell peppers and cook 10 minutes more.
5- Add beer and deglaze the pan, scraping up the drippings and cooking off the alcohol.
6- Add tomato sauce and barbecue sauce and bring to a bubble. It using corn kernels add them now. Let chili simmer 10 minutes.
7- Adjust seasonings and heat level to your taste. Remove from heat and serve.
*Serve with shreded cheese & chopped onion
* MAKE IT WHOLE30 FRIENDLY
Corn (if using)
2 tablespoon Coconut Amino Acid